Monday, April 18, 2016

Pottery by Jessie








                     All images shot by Stephanie Bartz Photography

I think Jessie's pottery truly speaks for itself. That said, in person you can see the richness of the colors, and the unique designs that fit well in your hand and on your table.

It was a fun work day arranging these beautiful pieces with Jessie in her gorgeous home. We laughed a lot while we worked. And snacked. The joys of working with other creatives, I'm fortunate that way.

Whenever I buy art, whether it's  wearable, usable, and/or art for display, I like knowing a bit about the artist, what drives them, their personality, since it will be with me for a long time.

In Jessie's words:

"I'm a potter who truly has a passion for what I do. I create decorative and functional handmade ceramics from high fire white stoneware that is meant to be used for entertaining and daily use. I hand-built and wheel thrown my pieces for a unique movement and design to my pieces. I fire in an electric kiln to cone 6, and use both hand-brushed and spray glaze applications.

I love knowing that I am creating and selling things to people that make them happy....that make their meals and entertaining something special...it allows me to do something that fulfills me and provides for my family.
Every day I strap on my big work boots and whether I'm creating dishes for a restaurant or canisters for a home...It's always something amazing that I am blessed to be doing."

Buy her pottery on Etsy and around town.


https://www.etsy.com/shop/PotterybyJessie


http://www.handmade-dinnerware.com/


https://www.facebook.com/potterybyjessie/?fref=ts



No comments:

Post a Comment