Monday, April 20, 2020

Midwestern Music












I'm one of the freelance photographers that work for Love Wisconsin.(more about LW, see previous post, Bridge the Divide).

They gave us freelancers an assignment. 

What does life in Wiscsonsin look like during social distacing? My answer in the form of photos+caption.
“One of the things I love about photographing people is the engaging and connecting part of it. I've always been able to keep a safe distance with my camera, I just never HAD to before. Still, it’s helped lift my spirits to get out and engage with friends at a safe distance. (Although not hugging has been hard for me!)."
I arranged this photo shoot with my buddy, Keith Pulvermacher, keeping in mind the location that fit his style of music. He calls it Midwestern, saying "It's a kind of melting pot of blues, pop, country, soul, and Americana." All of the music he loves.
Keith’s industry has been hit hard with events and gigs being cancelled. But no matter what, the music continues. Keith now plays, like so many others, from basements, garages, and kitchens.” 
I became a full time musican in 2003. 
Lots of things inspire me. Life, art, music, other people, photos, movies, documentaries, I primarily try to pay attention to things and messages I connect with and pull into a song.
 How do I stay focused? That's a tough one. Being a creative I have lots of ideas that I think are cool things to work on. My A.D.D is a blessing and a curse. I surround myself with people who share my vision and they help to keep me on track. 
What's in my fridge: Mostly food that needs to stay cold. :) All of the meat, hummus,veggies, fruit,pickles, the essentials.

Keith's gigs gigs were cancelled for the next few months. 
Find him on Facebook when he does LIVE shows there. Follow on Instagram, Itunes and Spotify.   






No comments:

Post a Comment