Monday, February 17, 2020

Flannel Angel








This is a dear and wonderful friend of mine, Laura. She's an incredible, generous, and loving human being. She teaches Yoga (side hustle) in Milwaukee.

This is a personal project of mine.... More when all is said and done. 

I want to break it down for how timing, location, lighting, clothing/props, and a graceful subject comes into play. 
I wanted a Winter Wonderland. So not too much snow falling on subject or icy cold conditions, but ya know just right. Ha! I had my props and clothing for Laura at the ready. I scouted this area last summer. Remembering I saw this last year and knowing how beautiful the pine trees would look with snow I called my location to ask permission to shoot here. I happen to like winter and even enjoy it. Watching the weather that morning, we hoped in my car and drove out to this beautiful location. This one makes me smile BIG. I love everything about it. The lighting is soft, my subject is shining, the plaid pops from the background, and they are joyful photos.  💖💖💖

2 comments:

  1. This one makes ME smile big, too! Well done, my Friend. You had it all planned, but your gift was to make it look spontaneous. Excelsior!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete