Monday, February 16, 2015

Jean's Clay Studio













            Commissioned pieces of my pig and sheep designs


copyright Jean Smaglik Wells  and Stephanie Bartz Photography

I fell in love with Jean Smaglik Wells's pottery years back and now call myself a collector and friend! You may be familiar with her pottery,  her mugs - a skull and  flower design were commissioned by Colectivo shops that carried a limited addition. Of course, I have the set (4 different colors) of the skull mugs!  
Like her pottery, she's playful, beautiful, and easy going. We had a great time while shooting our lifestyle photos. This is only a sampling since she has huge line that you can see/buy online as well.
At Christmas, I also commissioned a custom mug and bowl of my designs- pig and sheep for my mom and dad. :) I loved how they turned out. 

Her line includes kid sized plates, mugs, bowls. There is a style for everyone! Check out her Etsy site and website. 
Custom orders available as well.

http://www.jeansclaystudio.com/
https://www.etsy.com/shop/jeansclaystudio

You may have been lucky enough to pick up one of Jean's bowls at Milwaukee Empty Bowls event.
She's also a board director and co-founder!
 I have volunteered a few times now and know that her bowls are sought after! 
All of the artists/vendors donate their time, bowls, and energy to raise money and awareness to help fight hunger in the community. 

 http://www.milwaukeeemptybowls.org/

2 comments:

  1. I wish she could do Standard Poodles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Stephanie Bartz! I had such a fun time and love the results of the photo shoot!

    ReplyDelete