Monday, March 5, 2012
Making a difference
This is my wonderful friend Sydney. She's a member of the youth leadership council for the Girls Scouts of SE Wisconsin. Sydney, collected 764 books, which will be donated to the Safe Babies Healthy Families center. 764 books!!!!! WOW! Way to go Syd!
I asked Syd, how that makes her feel. She replied " It feels amazing, because before they did not have that many books/things to do, but now after this book drive they will have hundreds to choose from. And every so often they will switch the books out and put new books in the shelves."
This past year, girls in Youth Leadership Council (YLC):
• Made new friends
• Planned council events including the It’s All About Me Sleepover,
Technology, Logos and Robots, Oh My!, and Picture Perfect Edibles
• Managed the Blood Drive and other Take Action projects
• Volunteered leading activities or speaking at other council events
• Wrote articles for the teen newsletter
• Improved their decision-making and leadership skills
• Served as role models for all Girl Scouts
The Youth Leadership Council is for girls in grades 6-12.