Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Giving Thanks to Those on the Front Lines














This photo series, which is on-going, came about after wondering what could I do or how could I help during this time? One way was to use my medium, and create portraits as a small gesture to say Thank You to them and others. 

 We Are in This Together.  After seeing this mural on my friend, Ryan's fb post with his sweet boys, I started to follow this artist, Fred_the artist, on Instagram. His art, which is inspiring and beautiful, is all around the city. I met him after one morning of photographing others at the mural. He couldn't be a more thoughtful and kind human being. 

Sometimes my process is slow in thought, but then once I'm into something I jump into action.
I put out calls on social media looking for people on the front lines. My people came through with names and contacts.

This is just a start.....If you know or are a front line worker, contact me to set-up a time for a portrait. 


Pictured above:

Kathy                   Registered Nurse 
Bob                      Hospice care worker
Jordan                  Grocery Store worker 
                            Metcalfe's Market and h.s
                            student
Wendy                  EMT for Germantown and
                            Menomonee Falls plus her full
                            time job
J.T                        Plumber/Owner  J.T's Repair
                             Service
Fred Kaems           Artist



Artist for hire and follow Fred here  https://www.instagram.com/fred_the_artist/


In need of marketing, Ryan Thompson, https://mention.marketing/
might be of service.


THANK YOU to all that have helped me on this personal project!

*Fun Fact* these are created on mornings throughout the week/weekend. There was one morning that it was "snowing." Ha! I love Wisconsin's seasons!💓

No comments:

Post a Comment